Creamy and delicious, this dark chocolate self-saucing pudding is the perfect afternoon treat or late-night dessert. Serving four generously, or six, you can made it just under an hour.
What you’ll need:
- 150g of dark chocolate, roughly chopped for easy melting
- 50g of unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup of full-fat milk
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 cup of caster sugar (brown sugar is also fine if you only have it on hand)
- ¾ cup of self-raising flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cup of boiling water
- Vanilla ice-cream and icing sugar to serve.
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large saucepan, combine your chocolate, butter and milk on low heat until combined, stirring until smooth.
- Pour this heated mixture into a heatproof bowl, and combine your flour, half of the brown sugar and half of the cocoa powder and combine until smooth.
- Spoon this mixture into smaller ramekins, or one large heatproof dish.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the rest of the cocoa power and brown sugar. Sprinkle over the top of your chosen dish.
- Carefully spoon a small portion of the boiling water onto the topping to melt.
- Pop your chosen dish into the oven, uncovered for 35 minutes.
- When ready, serve with a scoop of ice-cream and a dusting of icing sugar.